What medication can I take
while I'm breastfeeding?
- We don't throw milk away without a really,
really good reason. Like you are getting chemotherapy or decided to do
- Most medications are compatible (I try to
avoid saying "safe") with
- Most pharmacists and other health
professionals don't know #1, #2 or that good pumps can be really expensive.
Sometimes they give well-intentioned bad advice. Back to #1 and #2.
- If we give it to infants, it's OK to take
- If you don't really need to take it (like cold medications) don't take it
- Most antibiotics are fine
Infant Risk Center
and Me, although I'm just going to check LactMed
updated January, 2011